Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I just want to make stuff

I find myself thinking all day about things I want to make or new creative ideas. I started carrying around a journal type notebook so I can write down all my ideas. Geez, why can't I win the lottery and win enough to quit my day job and sit around all day and make stuff and not worry about getting paid for it? Sheesh.

Today, I was super busy at work, but I spent more time than I should on Facebook, twitter, checking my Etsy account, reading over my blog... you know, working on MY business. Lately that is all I want to do, actually it hasn't been lately, it's just that lately I've really acknowledged it and become very active in making my dreams to work for myself and create stuff a reality. It's time to bring out these thoughts in my head and put them in solid form.

It's scary to put yourself out there, but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback and I can't lie... It feels good! I think for most people, there is a small iota of fear, hoping that everyone will like what you're doing. As much as people try and act like they don't care what people think or say, I think deep inside, if they're really honest with themselves, it does bother them a little when people reject them or their ideas.

Anywhoooo, I'm going to make some more bangles this weekend. I just ordered about 20 more wooden bangles to decorate. I'm also going to practice more on my chainmaille technique and create some earrings and bracelets. I love chainmaille. The patters look complicated, but it's actually sometimes quite simple. That complex simplicity, I just love it.

Dagnabit, I just want to make stuff!  :)

No comments: